Anonymous said: i need a reminder of mj's talent and why he was the king of pop
- 730+ awards (Including a record 8 Grammys in one night, a degree from the UNCF, and a host of Presidential and Humanitarian awards). And he’s been inducted into the Dance Hall of Fame, being the only dancer from the pop/rock world to be inducted.
- Thriller is still the best selling album of all time after 30 years
- broke down many racial barriers
- child prodigy
- “In 2010, two university librarians found that Jackson’s influence extended into academia, and has been mentioned in scholarly literature pertaining to a range of subject matter”.
- Transformed music videos into an art form
- Could beat-box and imitate instruments using his voice
- His versatility allowed him to experiment with various themes and genres (rock, pop, gospel, disco, techno, classical, funk, new jack swing, etc.)
- He has an award named after him (The Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award)
- One of the best dancers in the world
- He’s influenced so many people/artists: Chris Brown, Beyonce, Les Twins, Justin Bieber, Lady Gaga, Mary J Blige, 50 Cent, Mariah Carey, Ciara, Aaliyah, Daft Punk, P. Diddy, Celine Dion, Green Day, Fergie, Jamie Foxx, Janet Jackson (they influenced each other but still), Jennifer Lopez, Mya, Neo, Justin Timberlake, Kanye West, Usher, The Game (rapper; he made a tribute song for MJ that had Chris Brown in it), will.i.am., Pharrell Williams, Wyclef Jean, Ludacris, Maroon 5, Paramore, Britney Spears, R. Kelly, Patrick Stump, Bruno Mars, etc.
- had an incredible vocal range (low C to above a high C)
and that’s really just to name a few